Welcome to Charlie's Cattery
Welcome to Charlie's Cattery
The place where your cat comes to get pampurred
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Cats will NOT be accepted for boarding without a VALID and UP TO DATE vaccination card for immunisation against cat flu and enteritis. ALL CATS MUST BE VACCINATED ANNUALLY WITH THE BOOSTER VACCINATION ADMINISTERED NO LONGER THAN 15 MONTHS FROM THE PREVIOUS VACCINATION
- Male cats over 6 months of age are only accepted for boarding if neutered.
- Owners must inform Charlie’s Cattery prior to booking of any medical history which may affect the cats stay at the cattery, including any pre-existing or recurring medical conditions.
- Flea and worm treatment must be administered prior to boarding and details entered onto the booking form.
- Charlie’s Cattery reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse admission of any cats showing signs of illness pending veterinary advice.
- If your cat develops a medical condition or suffers an injury whilst boarding with Charlie’s Cattery, the cat will be taken to your own veterinary surgeon wherever possible or we may take your cat to Charlie’s Cattery veterinary surgeon. Charlie’s Cattery reserves the right to contact the owners veterinary surgeon to discuss any past or current medical problems. Charlie’s Cattery shall also use reasonable endeavour to contact the owner or the owner’s representative prior to any treatment deemed necessary by the veterinary surgeon. If contact is not possible treatment will take place based on the cat’s welfare. Charlie’s Cattery will be responsible for veterinary fees for up to 30 days up to a limit of £1,500. Any fees incurred over 30 days or £1,500 will be the responsibility of the owner.
- Any veterinary fees incurred by Charlie’s Cattery for the treatment of a historical or ongoing medical condition will be the sole responsibility of the owner and will be paid in full by the owner.
- Cats entering the cattery with either an ongoing medical problem or developing a reoccurring medical condition that requires veterinary treatment will incur a charge to the owner of 50p per mile per vet visit.
- Any treatment deemed necessary for the cats comfort and well being such as worming or flea treatment will be carried out at Charlie’s Cattery discretion and shall be charged to the owner.
- Charlie’s Cattery will administer medication to manageable cats. However, should a cat risk causing harm to cattery staff or to itself whilst medication is trying to be administered resulting in it being impossible to treat the cat then it may be necessary for the cat to be cared for by a veterinary surgeon either at the cattery or at the veterinary surgery. Any veterinary fees incurred will be charged to the owner of the cat.
- Charlie’s Cattery is able to supply a variety of wet and dry cat food, if your cat would prefer a specific brand then this will need to be supplied. In certain circumstances alternative food may be fed if the cat is not eating the food supplied.
- Sharing of accommodation is only available to cats which are considered compatible by Charlie’s Cattery and which are from the same household. Charlie’s Cattery reserves the right to remove a cat from a shared pen if deemed necessary.
- Less than 3 days boarding is permissible but there is minimum 3 day charge.
- Provisional bookings will only be held for a maximum of 5 days.
- PAYMENT DEPOSIT Customers will be required to pay a £25 deposit to secure the booking. If the booking is cancelled within 7 days of commencement Charlie’s Cattery will require payment of the full boarding fees.
- When a booking needs amending you are advised to inform Charlie’s Cattery as soon as possible to avoid problems when arriving for boarding.
- The balance payment is required upon collection. Cats will not be released until full payment is received by Charlie’s Cattery.
- Cats must be transported in a secure and suitable pet travel carrier.
- If you are collecting cats between Monday and Saturday cats must be collected by 4.30pm. If you are unable to collect your cats within the opening times, you must either arrange for someone to collect the cats on your behalf or book an extra days boarding for which payment will be required upon collection.
- Charlie’s Cattery require a local contact number (other than the owners mobile number) of a friend, neighbour or relative in the event of an emergency including if you are delayed in picking up your cat. In the event you are delayed in picking up your cat you will need to arrange for someone to be available to collect your cat on your behalf as we cannot guarantee to be able to hold your cat for any extra days. Please inform Charlie’s Cattery of the standby collectors contact details prior to boarding (if different from your emergency contact).
- Please be aware that if you are booking boarding for the following year the tariff may have altered from the time of booking to when you board as prices are reviewed each year to take into account any relevant factors. Any revised charges will be implemented from 1st January. If you do not agree with any price increase that may affect your booking you are entitled to cancel the booking without penalty.
- Unclaimed cats will be found alternative care / ownership after two weeks if it has not been possible for Charlie’s Cattery to make contact or receive contact from the owner or their emergency contact.
- All belongings are left at the owners risk. Any items left unclaimed by owners after one month following boarding will be disposed of.
- Whilst every care and precaution is taken with every cat boarded at Charlie’s Cattery the proprietors cannot be held responsible for any illness, disease or death that may occur during boarding.
- We reserve the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time upon giving you reasonable notice in writing.